Monday, February 19, 2007

Tomatoes... Tomahtoes...

ok, I know this isn’t about me.. but can we please take a moment to think about britney spears. After her ‘lesbian romps’ she checked herself into rehab and checked out the same day. And after her few hours in rehab, she was obviously well again because she then shaved her head (which apparently was a headline for all major news stations (inlcuding cnn i heard)). It’s like she’s living out Empire Records. If she starts walking around in an apron and her underwear, I might throw up a little in my mouth.

And more on celebrity gossip: I bought my first Australian gossip magazine(s)! and there are quite a few articles on people I know nothing about… except now their wedding pictures, their ‘baby tragedy’, princely duties, and birthday celebrations. And now Lohan might be pregnant? Ralph Fiennes is part of the mile high club? Nicole Richie wants to elope before she goes to jail? omg, so much i've missed out on.

However, with one of my magazines, I received a ‘free singlet’ and upon opening it’s a tank top that says “Mrs. Beckham”. The magazine claims the shirt is valued at $20. I’m so lucky.

And seriously, everything here comes in a chicken flavor option. Not only just chips, and crackers, I found chicken flavored cheese. What is this all aboot? And as far as I can tell, all big grocery stores are in their malls, like department stores. It’s very strange.

The shopping carts are called trolleys
Sometimes Jewelry is jewellery
Raisins are sultanas
and just so you know if you didn't already, Aussies is pronounced Ozzies.

Australia also has it’s own version of Family Feud, America’s (Australia’s) Got Talent, Biggest Loser, 1 vs. 100, and I’m sure there are plenty more. BUT the simpsons are really big here, maybe even bigger than in america.

They are in love with Kylie Minogue… who apparently has a sister, Dannii, that everyone also adores… ugh

The second season of Grey’s Anatomy premiered last nite. Along with the series premiere of Ugly Betty and What About Brian…. The tv does lag a little here… HOWEVER it is on schedule with ‘men in trees’. Why? That show looks horrible.

One sad thing to report, is I am not a very good vegan over here at all. I can’t find soy cheese! (ok, I take that back, I found one soy cheese flavor today: Chive… no thanks). I did however get soy butter, soy sour cream, soy cream cheese, and soy milk. But then I got yogurt, cheese, and chocolate. Also, they don’t have morningstar, boca, or smart dogs… but weird looking fake sausages that i’m willing to try, but I’m not guaranteeing anything. I did buy thai flavored tofu, so we’ll see how that goes. AND I can’t find soy protein powder anywhere!

By the way, I am in love with the office. And I mean in love.

So I have my first class tomorrow. At 10am, hope I can wake up for it! And I hope they don’t assign 20 chapters and 2 essays.

Miss you all!!

4 comments:

Cella Bella said...

OMG, i forgot that the goss (that's gossip to you) mags in the UK came with free tank tops all the time. They were the lamest.

elizabeth said...

yours posts are the highlight of my day. that and james mcavoy's bum.

Anonymous said...

lesbians everywhere united and forced britney to go to rehab. We don't want her on our team. No Thanks!

Texas Trowel said...

but you guys are still fighting for jodi foster, to no end!