Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'll take that holiday now, please.

omg, i'm done with my first semester. all my laziness during the year pretty much caught up with me at finals time.. oh sorry... that's too american. they aren't 'finals' they are 'exams'.

BUT i took all my exams, handed in all my essays... and now i've been... sleeping.

i got an HD (high distinction... highest grade you can get.. aussies go crazy for HD's) on one of my exams that was 70% of my grade for that class (human skeletal) so it's pretty safe to say i got an HD in the class. so i might not be able to write a paper, but gosh darnit, i can memorize bones.

and... i smashed my australian phone. i dropped it. not even far. just from my waist... and it broke the screen. sooo... i can't read or write text messages... i can still talk on it tho. i'll be asking vodafone for a new one tomorrow... maybe i did get insurance? how can i remember that long ago. BUT the worst part is... that i write little notes on my phone when something strikes me as funny or australian (1 in the same really) so that i can open up the 'note' and read it when i write my blog. but folks... i can no longer read it. so the last few notes i typed up on my phone are gone. so.... i don't have much to say here.

my mother sent me a care package tho!
it included:
1. bday present from my sister. the best bday present. it's an autographed t-shirt from a grown-up childhood actor from our favorite childhood movie NEWSIES. i'm in love with it.
2. graham crackers. we're having s'mores tonite, kids!!!
3. giant plastic texas cups. where and when these were bought? no idea... mom. but they are huge. and i'll be drinking out of them tonite while eating my s'mores.
4. a monkey card.

my undergrad friends all still have exams. this is the last week for them tho. 2 friends, S and K leave this thursday when they finish, going back to melbourne. i can't believe they are leaving so soon for a month!

i leave for fiji this saturday! the weather is supposed to be in the 80's and sunny! even tho there is a coup on the other side of the island... tourists should be juuuuuust fine.

i think i'll have about 5-7 friends still around for my birthday in july. so perhaps some partying can go down... no fireworks tho :( ALTHOUGH the country did just celebrate the queen's birthday last week and there were 3 nites of fireworks. i was asked if we celebrated the queen's birthday in america... i didn't respond.

i told my friend i had to 'run errands' today
'air it?'
no... errands
what are you airing out?
umm.. ok.. i have to... go to different places and buy things.
ohh... you have things to do.

errands i guess is not a popular word around here.

and my friend I. let me drive his car the other day!! it was only like 2 blocks down the road... but it was soooo weird. making a left hand turn as if it was a right hand turn.... i can't believe i didn't kill us.

I. and i also watched Independence Day.... man, we americans love ourselves.
when Bill Pullman as acting president plans an attack on the aliens and sends out messages to the rest of the armies worldwide.. the british go "It's about bloody time".
also in Bill Pullman's final war speech he claims that Independence Day is no longer an american holiday, but now the day the whole world can celebrate its independence, I. laughed and laughed and laughed. he read a critique by a british writer claiming it was the most 'pompous egotistical soliloquy in film history'.
i had to keep reassuring I. that as americans today, we don't live and die by the script of Independence Day.

although, bruce willis is coming out with another die hard: Live Free or Die Hard... and i'm so excited, just because of the title.

i still haven't seen a kangaroo. my friends keep promising me we are going to go Roo Huntin'... but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. now that i have a month off from school tho, i'm taking no excuses.

that's pretty much it around here.

for today i am going to:
eat lunch
watch DOOL (days of our lives)
clean
work out
shower
maybe nap
make s'mores and celebrate the end of exams with my friends.

it's a hard life down under.

1 comment:

Cella Bella said...

I'm so glad you got your pressie and liked it. Maybe now you will stop calling me bad words.